Monday, October 3, 2011

Day Thirty Nine...

Tonight before I started feeding Jackson, we had some time to play. Normally, he is screaming his head off when he wakes up. I quickly change him (which clams him momentarily). Then he is ready to eat. But not tonight! I changed him, and he was completely calm and completely awake! We talked to each other, danced, sang songs, and just played! It made me think about how much I cannot wait until he is old enough to play back. I can't wait to hear his little voice. I can't wait to hear his laugh. I can't wait until he belly laughs. I can't wait for him to know what he is laughing at. I can't wait for him to run up to me and give me a big hug - just because I am his mommy. I just can't wait...

Well... Maybe I can wait! I just want to savor these moments right now! I feel like thirty nine days has gone by so quickly. I feel like he will be one year old tomorrow and in kindergarten the next day. I just don't want to blink and miss anything.

He is really starting to have a little personality. He will look into my eyes, and we will stare at each other for a few moments. He will hold his head up for a minute or more. His eyes will be open really wide. He just looks at everything. He will rest his head on my shoulder, facing me, and look right at me. Sometimes when he does this we smile at each other. He will find his cozy spot on my chest, curled up in a little ball (similar to a rollie polie), and take a deep, relaxing breath. He will coo and oooh and aaah at anything and everything.

He has such a tight grip on my heart - and he won't let go! Which is totally fine with me... He is right where he should be!
After I fed him tonight, he was ready to go back to sleep. I know that if he doesn't burp before I lay him down, he is miserable, doesn't sleep well, and has a tummy ache when he wakes up! So I knew I had to get a good burp out of him...
While I was trying to burp him, he gave us a good shot of 'milk drunk'. I think that he looks like he is drunk (on milk) after he eats. Sometimes there is a little river of milk that flows from his relaxed mouth.
I love looking at him... Sometimes it is the simplest things that steal my heart! I love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment