Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day Nineteen...

I could seriously look at this face for hours! He is so perfect! His skin is so soft and so smooth! His lips are perfectly pursed. His tongue rests silently between his lips. His short, quick breaths are a welcomed sound.
This is about the time I put Jackson down for the night. He is getting better at sleeping, but he doesn't sleep through the night yet. He gives me a good 4 hour stretch each night - so he is doing pretty good. I really thought that I would hate getting up with him in the middle of the night, like it would be a hassle. However, it is the complete opposite. I love it! Sometimes I wake up before he does. I listen to him breathe, grunt, and squirm. I change him, feed him, and rock him. I hold him until he is asleep, and some nights I think about holding him while he sleeps for the rest of the night. But then I remember that I cannot hold him all the time. Plus, if I held him all night, who would take care of him when I needed to sleep?
We both had doctors appointments today - I will update about those later!

No comments:

Post a Comment