Thursday, August 25, 2011

Letter to My Son...

Dearest Jackson,

It might seem strange that I am writing a letter to you and I haven't met you yet. But I feel like I already know you. I hope that one day you read this letter and look back on your life and know that I loved you so much before I even met you!

I think I am getting ahead of myself...

I am your mother. You have probably heard my voice - hopefully, soon you will recognize it! I am sure you have heard my heart beat - hopefully, you will find comfort in that same sound as you cuddle on my chest. You have been with me for the most emotional times of my life, and YOU are soon to be the most joyful part of my life! The title of mother comes with much responsibility - and I hope not to let you down... That is probably my biggest fear now! I feel like I am as ready as I could ever possibly be, but at the same time I know there is so much that I am unprepared for. Hopefully you will be patient and loving while I learn all that I need to do!

I have so many hopes and dreams for your future - but they may seem generic. I intend for them to be generic because I want you to grow into a strong young man with a strong sense of self. I hope that you become the man you want to be - following your wishes, desires and dreams. I hope that you know that I will be proud of you no matter what!

I hope that you have a strong passion for education. Education is very important in your life - it will take you where you want to go. I hope you develop a love for reading at an early age, and that desire continues throughout your life. I hope that you are never afraid to ask for help when you need it. There is no such thing as a silly question - except the one that goes unasked. I hope you set goals for yourself and achieve them.

I hope that you develop a strong love for your family. I can tell you from personal experience that your family will never leave you. I will never walk away from you. I hope that you constantly feel loved and supported. Please know, and believe, that I will do anything possible for you!

I hope that you surround yourself with positive influences. There are already people in your life that love you more than you could ever imagine. Your Gigi is so excited to meet you. She is my biggest support system, and I am sure she will always be there for you. Your Poppop loves you too. He can't wait to play with you, and teach you how to be funny. He will always have a big shoulder for you to cry on and big strong arms to wrap you up in a hug. Your great-grandparents are so excited to meet you. They are so in love with you! Your Aunt Jamie and Uncle Ronnie are so excited for you to get here. They are my best friends - the ones I look up to for everything. Aunt Jamie is so loving and encouraging. She will love you to pieces. She is one of the strongest people I know - she will always be there to support you (and me). Uncle Ronnie is one of the funniest people I know. I hope that you take after him in so many ways. He is funny and crude at times, but he is so caring and loving when it comes to his friends and family. Aunt Jamie and Uncle Ronnie have been there for me in some of my worst times, and they still love me. They will no doubt love you too!

I hope that you will never be afraid to be yourself. As you get older people will try to pressure you to do things. I hope that you are strong enough to stand up for what you believe in. It is a tough world out there, but I hope that you will believe in yourself.

I hope that you develop a love for the Lord. I hope that you have a desire to live your life to please God. I hope you develop your own testimony, and are strong enough to share your beliefs with anyone you meet.

I hope that you meet and fall in love with the perfect women. I hope that you have a strong marriage - one that never fails. I hope you have a beautiful family - one that is happy and vibrant.

I hope that you are always healthy, happy, and full of love. I hope that you are brave, strong, and kind. I hope you are supportive, generous, and caring.

I promise that I will do everything I can to help you prepare for the future. I promise to be your biggest supporter. I promise to constantly love you - and I will tell you I love you, even when it is not cool. I promise I will never ever desert you - I will be right beside you through every hardship you face. I may not always give you what you want, but I will do my best to give you what you need. I may not be the best mother on the planet, but I will do my very best to get as close as humanly possible.

I love you more than anything on the planet. You are perfect. You are my treasure.

Never EVER forget that!

I love you Jackson Thomas O'Brien - always have, always will!

Love always,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment