Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Coming Home...

Jackson and I were released from the hospital today! We were so ready to go home, but I will admit I was a little nervous! The nurses were all such a big help, and I was a little scared that I would not be able to do it all by myself. However, I had great help at home. Gigi is such a big help!
When we were released from the hospital, Jackson weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces. This may seem like a big drop in weight from his birth weight of 8 pounds, 1 ounce, but the nurses said that babies are expected to lose 10% of their birth weight. He should start to gain all of that back and be back to his birth weight by 2 weeks.
I was released from the hospital with very little instruction for myself. They told me to take it easy, but to get up and walk every day. They told me to drink lots of water and talk to close friends and family members.
When we got home, Mom had to go fill my prescriptions and get some dinner. She left me at home with Jackson. I was so tired and Jackson was hungry. I had to stay awake and it was SO hard. Mom called me on the phone, and I asked her to keep talking to me so I could stay awake.
Hopefully this gets easier...

No comments:

Post a Comment