Thursday, August 25, 2011

What's In A Name...

I have decided choosing a name is one of the hardest things I will ever do in my life...

I bounced a few ideas back and forth... First in my mind... Then with my parents... Then with close friends...

Finally, I decided on Jackson Thomas O'Brien!

After I decided on a name, I shared it with my extended family and the rest of my friends. It amazes me how many people think that I would take their thoughts on his name in to consideration. When someone asks, "Have you picked a name?", I would respond, "Jackson Thomas!" People would say things like, "Oh, I don't like that!" or "I'm not a fan of that name!" Well, guess what people, I didn't ask for your opinion! I never said that, but I thought it REAL hard every time! Most of these people have had the opportunity to pick names for their children, so their turn is over! I love the name I picked for my son!

I love the name Jackson - It is a little bit southern, and allows for a lot of flexibility.

I decided on Thomas as a middle name - This will be after my Uncle Thomas. He has never been married, and doesn't have any children. Nonetheless, he has been a great influence in my life, and he has always been there for me and my parents. I thought this would be a good way to honor him!

I figure we will call him Jackson while he is a child, but as he gets older, he can adjust his name. He could go by JT or Jack. JT might be a good name while he is in high school, and Jack would be suitable for him as an adult if he wanted to be the CEO of a company.

However, he will forever be MY baby - Jackson Thomas O'Brien!

No comments:

Post a Comment